The Plonk Wine Club is a club that specializes in organic, natural and biodynamic wines.
What also sets the Plonk Wine Club apart from other clubs is that it features unique wine varietals and regions from around the world. Many wine clubs tend to stay in their lane and don’t stray very far from the most common regions and varietals. Plonk, on the other hand, embraces diversity and as a wine consumer you benefit from this.
In this Plonk Wine Club review, I’ll be covering how the club works, some facts about the club and its pros and cons.
I’ll also share with you unboxing pictures of the wine delivery I was sent. You’ll find those below.
And importantly, I’ll share what I thought about the taste of each the wine samples I was sent. I believe most people want to know if the wines the club offers are worth buying or not. So, I’ll be sure to share my personal tasting notes for each wine I received.
Also, the links in this review are affiliate links. That means if you click through and make a purchase, I’ll get a small commission. However, I’m proud to say my reviews are always my honest opinion whether I have an affiliation with a product or not.
How the Plonk Wine Club Works
The club is owned by Etty Klein, who prides herself on being an organic wine curator. She’s the founder of the club and is also WSET and American Sommelier Association certified. Suffice to say, she has a great background in the wine industry.
After conversing with her I’ve discovered she’s very knowledgeable, easy going and quite nice to work with.
Plonk has both a wine club and a wine shop.
If you prefer to build your own case of wine or enjoy curated one-off packs, then the wine shop is probably for you.
If you prefer more of a wine subscription service, then the wine club would be the better choice.
There are also some deals to be had, when choosing the wine club option.
Either way, you’ll be sure to get wines that are sustainably sourced and free from pesticides and chemicals.
Wine Club Ordering Details
Focusing in on the wine club option, let’s cover the specifics of how it works.
You start by choosing which club you want. There are three:
- Red Wine Club.
- White Wine Club.
- Mixed Wine Club (reds and whites).
Following that, you choose if you want 4, 6 or 12 bottles with each delivery.
Lastly, you decide if you want to pay month to month with an ongoing subscription or choose a one-time prepaid package of 3, 6 or 12 deliveries.
The prepaid packages arrive monthly for the number of months you choose. (i.e., for 3 months, 6 months or 12 months)
Following that, you’re done with the package and no more deliveries will be sent. It doesn’t auto-renew.
The ongoing subscription goes month to month until you cancel. You can cancel your subscription at any time.
Plonk Wine Club Cost
The total cost of the club depends on the number of bottles you choose per delivery and how many months you choose.
The monthly prices for all clubs (red, white and mixed) are as follows:
- 4 bottles – $110/month.
- 6 bottles – $160/month.
- 12 bottles – $285/month (Best Deal).
As you can see from the prices above, the more bottles you buy per month the better the price, which is not uncommon to see.
The same applies to the prepaid packages. The more bottles you buy, the better the discount.
Wine clubs often adjust their prices depending on many factors, so be sure to check the latest prices.
Facts About the Plonk Wine Club
- Has both a Wine Shop and a Wine Club.
- Plonk is a curated club, not based on taste algorithms or through a personal wine concierge.
- Wine club shipments are sent out the first week of each month.
- Shipments arrive in 5 to 10 business days.
- Plonk will delay shipments due to weather (extreme heat or cold) to protect your wine.
- The 12 bottle wine clubs contain 2 bottles each of 6 different wines.
- Best wine club for people interested in organic and natural wines.
- Sustainably grown artisan wines from around the world.
- No pesticides or commercial chemicals used in winemaking.
- Club choice, number of bottles and delivery frequency is very customizable.
- Great diversity of regions and varietals.
- Free shipping for both the shop and the club.
- Can send gift subscriptions.
- Prepaid packages (3, 6 or 12 month) are non-refundable.
- Because it’s alcohol, someone 21 or over must be available to sign for delivery.
- Returns or refunds not offered if you don’t like a wine. Only if bottles are damaged or corked.
How to Cancel Plonk Wine Club Subscription
You can cancel an ongoing subscription three different ways:
- Via your Plonk online account.
- By emailing customer support at email@example.com.
- By phone at 1-877-507-5665.
The club is owned by Etty Klein via the company Plonk Wine Merchants LLC.
Their focus on organic wines sets this club apart from other wine clubs.
They’re not the cheapest but they offer excellent value for the price for organic artisan wines.
My Overall Opinion of the Plonk Wine Club
Overall, I found the Plonk Wine Club to be a great value.
Having tried and reviewed several wine clubs over the years, I can definitely say that the Plonk Wine Club is the clear choice when it comes to organic wine.
If you’re looking for the most wine at the cheapest price, this club probably isn’t for you.
But, if consuming organic and biodynamic wines that are sustainably made and natural is what you’re looking for, then this is the wine club for you.
Plus, the wines are all great-tasting, unique and diverse.
Good for the planet and the palate!